Featuring Stephanie Dedmon, CIO at the State of Tennessee
Connect with Stephanie on LinkedIn, Twitter
These companies make the podcast possible, so go check them out and thank them for their support!
Nagarro Public Sector - Diamond Sponsor
And a huge thank you to Nagarro Public Sector. This live podcast would not be possible without the support and love of Nagarro. Nagarro Public Sector excels at helping senior technology leaders in digital disruption from Cloud, AI, Big Data, and digital product engineering to system integration work across platforms. To learn more about Nagarro, check out nagarro.com.
Sponsor: The TechTables Suite Talk Series [Live Events]
Join us for these small, intimate live podcast conversations across the U.S.
July 22nd in Raleigh, NC
September 23rd in Sacramento, CA
October 14th in Tallahassee, FL
- [4:23] Stephanie talks about the success of their Coffee & Conversations program and how that has nurtured relationship building throughout her team of 1,200.
- [7:28] The power of the invitation: how opening up Round Table Conversations by inviting anyone with skills or experience in that area helped leverage expertise they otherwise would not have known about.
- [9:02] Catch them early: using internships at both the high school and college levels to instill the desire to serve in the government
- [9:40] "A career in state government is not something folks necessarily think of all the time. And so we are starting small, but hope to grow" Stephanie Dedmon on utilizing high school internships to expand career possibilities.
- [10:50] Federated vs. Centralized IT models
- [12:26] "We came back with a consolidated model that doesn't repeat the same org chart across all the agencies because some positions are needed when you need them, but they're not needed 365 days a year."
- [13:41] The benefits of consolidation
- [14:50] Tackling budget and its implications
- [17:54] Creating the citizen experience through the My TN app
- [21:47] Texas vs. vs. North Carolina vs. Memphis BBQ
- [22:39] Cyber Security, Enterprise Data, Process Automation, Infrastructure, Modernization, and Cloud: How Tennessee is going big to transform these five key areas
- [23:40] "You need to think much bigger, and you need to come forward with what you need to accelerate... and you need to tell the story about what that gets us."
- [24:36] "the citizen doesn't care which department they have to go to, to do something. They just want to get it done.
Want to dive deeper? Check out my episode on TechTables - https://www.techtables.com/
And if you're a CIO or technology leader interested in coming on TechTables, shoot me an email at email@example.com
Thank you for supporting Levity Media LLC ❤️, a small business growing private and public sector technology communities through fun and engaging conversations with top technology leaders. Learn more about Joe Toste (me) at https://www.techtables.com/about/
See what episodes I'm creating at https://www.techtables.com/